9 years ago
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Genocide Today
Most of you know what an avid reader I am. I wanted to share with you a book that really encourage and motivates me to do more. I recently read the book Not on Our Watch by Don Cheadle and John Prendergast. It is a call for action to citizens everywhere to do more to end the genocide in the many parts of Africa, especially in Darfur. I was surprised to read the introduction by then Senator Barack Obama and learn his viewpoint on the issue. I will watch intently to see what action he takes or perhaps inaction, as he fills the Presidential office. Atrocities to humankind or not rare, unfortunately. Africa is plagued by corrupt politicians, even worse, by corporate America, China and India who invests in money markets that support and supply the murderers with financial stability. There is much we can do even as one concerned citizen. I encourage you to learn more about what is happening in the world and not turn a blind eye simply because it does not impact your comfortable lifestyle. Log onto http://www.enoughproject.org/ and learn more about the devastating conditions our inaction is causing. Awareness is the first step towards change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment