Thursday, March 4, 2010

Having fun!

So it has been raining the last 3 days and today it finally stopped but it was still cloudy all day. This is unusual amounts of rain for Brisbane, to the point that they are setting new records....I just wish it had waited until I left. So the beach wasn't even a site to see as you will notice in the pictures below. Due to the recent earthquake in Chile and the storms in Brisbane, the water was brown and really gross!!! I was really disappointed. I will just have to make another trip back someday to see what Australia really has to offer!



I chased the seagulls since I was bored and couldn't go in the water. It was pretty fun.


An huge ugly puffer fish that was washed up on shore.





Last night I went to Bulimba which is a nice little town by the Brisbane river, had some dinner with friends I volunteered with in Romania nearly 4 years ago (who knew we would all reunite in Australia 4 years later) They all live in Brisbane now so it was quite fun catching up with them and remembering our Romanian adventures!! We also headed over to Kangaroo point where the temple is and had a nice walk along the river overlooking the city.




Only a few more days left and not much planned......definitely have to come back and do things right next time!! I am so glad I got to see some old friends and of course Jenessa!!!

No comments: